The next evolution of the RC8B4 eBuggy is upon us. Team Associated engineers sought to lower the CG and weight and improve handling on un-groomed outdoor tracks. The heart of the buggy is the new RWB/FWB adjustable weight bias chassis design. The innovative system allows the driver to run either configuration with the motor rearward for more traction, or shift the center diff and flip the center dogbones to run motor forward for more steering.
The suspension is overhauled with new front and rear low-CG shock towers and shorter shocks, along with new 3-hole rear suspension arms that allow for softer shock and spring while still maintaining support in the fast turns. The new wide base rear hubs come in three fixed axle heights and use 3mm carbon fiber hub towers to allow several different geometry options.
Lastly, the buggy comes with 92mm universal joints, 44/13 bevel gears, and a 46T molded spur gear for the most grip and smoothest power delivery on un-groomed outdoor tracks.
- New RC8B4.1e RWB/FWB adjustable weight bias chassis design to tune rear grip vs. steering
- New low CG and lightweight aluminum front and rear shock towers
- New shorter 16mm front and rear shock bodies for lower CG and lighter weight
- New 6-hole 1.4mm front and 1.5mm taper rear machined shock pistons included with emulsion shock cap seals
- New 3-hole rear suspension arms with updated rear anti-roll bar geometry for both smooth and bumpy tracks
- New blue aluminum front upper arm mount for added durability
- New molded RC8B4.1 front bumper with optimized profile for bumpy transitions
- 13-44 Ring and Pinion Bevel Gear Set
- 92mm universal driveshafts with 17mm outdrives
- Updated Soft Blend suspension arms for maximum durability in cold weather
- New +1 aluminum steering block arms for sharper steering on low grip
- RC8B4e centralized drivetrain and chassis configuration optimized for shorty-style batteries only
- Two battery trays included with adjustable stops for battery position adjustment
- RC8B4e 25mm wide hook and loop strap per battery tray for easy battery hold-down
- RC8B4e ESC tray with protective shield has unique position for 2x2s and 1x4s battery setups for ideal weight bias positioning
- RC8B4e receiver box with built-in servo mounts has integrated cable routing and increased volume for fitting taller antenna-less receivers
- Wire routing clips included for clean wiring of batteries and motor with sensor wire
- Two-piece clamping motor mount which can shift to the forward or rearward location to support FWB or RWB.
- Innovative new pivot ball front suspension geometry improves steering balance and provides predictable handling in all conditions
- RC8B4 8deg. steering blocks are paired with a wider upper suspension arm pivot for increased stability and consistent steering through the entire steering throw
- RC8B4 gearboxes are included in the latest hard material used on RC8T4: Front gearbox features a 3.5 deg. inclined pinion gear angle to straighten the center driveshaft for increased drivetrain efficiency and reduced phasing and vibration. Both gearboxes feature large bearing sizes, 6x13x5mm flanged bearing results in longer life of bearings and ring and pinion gears.
- RC8B4 rear chassis brace has several design features and flex options: Rear brace is mounted centrally to the gearbox, and has two screw locations through the chassis to tune flex.
- RC8B4 front upper suspension arms, now in soft blend material. Includes an optional molded "wing" insert for increased front-end downforce.
- RC8B4 front lower suspension arms, now in soft blend material . Updated design for added durability. New angled, one-piece, anti-roll bar link is mounted in-line with the anti-roll bar with a BHCS instead of a shock pin for simplified assembly. Optional inserts mount to the top only.
- RC8B4 rear wing mount has adjustable wing angle shims, significant strength improvements, an aerodynamic shape, and extra clearance for shock position adjustment. Two wing height options on the rear shock tower.
- RC8B4 rear wing has more vertical fins for increased straight-line stability, a taller rear lip height for increased downforce, increased strength in various areas to reduce bending fatigue, and dimples on the backside as a template for cutout holes
- RC8B4 steering bellcranks with top-mounted steering rack for extra clearance around gearbox assembly
- RC8B4 aluminum steering rack designed around the updated front end geometry is lightweight and durable
- RC8B4 steering bellcrank nuts are longer to reduce drag from the steering rack under flex
- RC8B4 steering servo linkage features a new heavy duty threaded ball-and-steel screw joint
- RC8B4 A and B blue aluminum suspension arm mounts are shaped to interlock with the chassis
- RC8B4e carbon fiber front top plate centralizes the front chassis brace for balanced flex in all directions
- RC8B4 front chassis brace is the same length as the older chassis "short" version for ideal front-end flex
- RC8B4 front body post is recessed into the front top plate and the reversible design is easy to mount
- RC8B4 spring cups and shock rod end design has a locking screw to keep the cups in place during a crash
- RC8B4 steel shock standoffs
- Large diameter, Low-Profile SHCS are used throughout the buggy to replace a traditional screw/washer system. Used on the servo mount, and rear body post
- 96.5mm rear and 104mm front center dog bones with 3x14mm pins for increased drivetrain efficiency
- RC8B4 two-piece rear body post features a rubber grommet to allow some flex to extend the life of the body
- RC8B4 rod ends have improved thread engagement, slotted area for easy turnbuckle wrench access, and are made from a same durable material as our 1:10 rod ends
- Standard wheel hex sizes include a "+0" mm front and rear
- Standard anti-roll bar sizes include a 2.2mm front and 2.5mm rear bar
- RC8B4 Gamma body and window mask. Includes three different style of gearbox noses: a traditional nose cone, a mid-height wing, and tall-height wing.
- 44T ring and 13T pinion gears on front and rear differentials
- RC8B3.2 split center diff mounts with aluminum center top plate
- 16mm shocks equipped with white front (9.25 coil) and pink rear (12.0 coil) springs, emulsion style shock bladder, combination bleeder/emulsion caps, and blue aluminum threaded collars.
- RC8B3.2 narrow C and D arm mounts
Due to ongoing R&D, photos may not match final kit. Vehicle shown on these pages equipped with items NOT included in kit: Reedy motor, battery, ESC, servo, receiver, wheels, tires, body, and pinion gear. Assembly and painting required.